Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An Easter Recap

Hmmmm...where to start?  Life at this household has been pretty darn good lately.  We haven't done anything spectacularly amazing with our time, in fact we have hardly done anything besides work and school. There may even be a huge pile of laundry on the couch to be folded, dishes that need to be put in the dishwasher, a bed that needs to be made, and a toilet that could use a good scrub down! It really is amazing though how a massive ball of hot air, known as the sun, can lighten up your life and make you forget about the majority of your problems.  In other words, those little chores I mentioned earlier, probably won't be getting done for a while! :)  Ok, Ok, I suppose I will get to work so my poor husband and baby boy don't have to live in this disaster any longer, but really, isn't this weather totally incredible!

Easter this year was so much fun. I am pretty sure that over the 3 day weekend I consumed nearly 12,000 calories, but who's counting? Brian and I got to play the Easter bunny! Wahoo! We stayed up and strategically placed each easter egg so it would be a real challenge for Parker, needless to say, he really didn't care about our efforts.  It may have been a tiny bit disappointing for the parents but there's always next year right?




One of the main reasons Easter was so great for me this year was because we got to spend it with just the 3 of us. Brian and I haven't spent a main holiday with just us the entire time we have been married. It was nice not having anywhere to go and we were able to spend the whole day together! I am so blessed to have those 2 male figures (what else am I suppose to say? Men, boys, gentlemen? anyway...) in my life! They bring so much happiness in our home and I couldn't have gotten luckier. They are exactly what the doctor ordered  for  me!  The big man in charge really knows what he is doing and for that I am grateful!

I'm so grateful for this time of year, I know that my Savior lives! I know that he suffered and died so that I can return to live with my Father again. There aren't words to describe how grateful I am for that.  I am so grateful to parents that raised me in the gospel and taught me through their example what I need to do to be worthy to return to my father's presence.  I couldn't be a more blessed person!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a great easter! Holy cow I could almost hear my dad when Brian said "He came!" Cracked me right up. And Parker is looking cute as ever! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete